Austin’s Leading Provider for the Finest Quality Steel Doors and Windows
Beautiful, Reliable, and Proven
Portella is proud to offer the finest quality steel doors and windows available in Austin. With over 20 years of experience, we provide the most customizable steel-framed windows and doors for both residential and commercial projects. Whether you’re looking to attain a modern, traditional, or classical design, we have the expertise and workmanship to achieve your design objectives.
Portella Product Lines
- Storefront Exterior and Interior – These lines are perfect for Austin businesses striving to beautify and transform their space. Featuring a wide array of sleek and modern steel and glass door and window designs for commercial projects on a restricted budget, we meet the needs of both large and small businesses.
- Thermally Broken – We combine the latest thermal technology with beautiful designs in this line, which features the most energy-efficient steel windows and doors offered in Austin.
- Classic – Achieve a minimalist and timeless aesthetic with our classical range of metal frame doors. These designs integrate large expanses of glass to achieve the appearance that many architects and modern homeowners seek.
When you work with Portella, you will communicate directly with a knowledgeable Portella Project Manager, who will handle the entirety of your project. Your Project Manager will work with you to develop custom designs, and we will tailor our manufacturing to achieve your design goals. From the quotation to the shop drawing, you will receive clear and concise communication, so you’ll always be up to date on your project.
Our Solution to Steel Window and Door Thermal Challenges
Steel door and window manufacturers often feature only insulated glass, failing to address the problem of thermal transfer to the metal frame. Portella’s Artisan Thermal Series, on the other hand, addresses all areas of thermal transfer, providing energy-efficient steel doors and windows that will stand up to the hottest Austin days.
This state-of-the-art series features GRP (glass reinforced polyetherimide), a non-conducting material with steel, that allows for both increased durability of the doors and windows and unprecedented thermal performance.
Other manufacturers are also limited in their ability to customize their designs, which leaves them depending on European suppliers. Our new thermally broken profile patent allows us to fully customize our own designs and not have to depend on outside suppliers. As a result, we’re able to offer Austin customers steel windows and doors with the narrowest frames and sightlines on the market, perfect for Austin’s luxury residential, boutique commercial applications or historical projects.
What Sets Us Apart
At Portella, we strive to provide the finest quality steel windows and doors in Austin with excellent customer service at an economical price point. We’re proud to bring over two decades of expertise and artistry to Austin. Here are just a few examples of the Portella difference:
- All of our products are custom made to order by highly skilled craftsmen.
- We have 44,000 square feet of manufacturing space, which means more space to build your custom designs.
- We provide sleek, trademarked narrow profile sightlines.
- Our own transportation eliminates restrictions from 3rd party logistics companies.
- We are the only manufacturer of steel windows and doors that include a zinc bonded galvanizing technique.
- Our steel windows exceed all industry standards, and we’ve received certifications from the ASTM, NFRC, and AAMA.
Reach out today to learn what the Portella difference means for your next steel window or door project.
Blog & News
Whether you’re planning to sell your home soon, or you just want to maximize its value for yourself, there are a lot of ways you can make changes to increase the market value. Whether you’re considering a simple paint job or a complete renovation, you can find ways to increase the value of your home […]Read
When you drive through different parts of town or travel to new places, you’ve probably noticed that there are a lot of different types of homes and buildings. One street may be filled with historic Victorian-style homes and the next block could be modern highrises. As the times change, so do the elements that people […]Read