Announcing Portella’s New Thermally Broken Profile Patent
As the nation’s leading manufacturer of thermally broken steel windows and doors, we are proud to announce our new patent for thermally broken profiles. Our new thermally broken system has the narrowest sightlines of any steel door and window system available, has superior energy efficiency ratings, and affords us the ability to customize to our client’s exact specifications.
Where innovation meets excellence
While other steel window and steel door manufacturers purchase profiles from European suppliers, we designed, developed and tested a new profile system. Portella is no longer restricted to offering only specific designs from European suppliers, which opens up a whole new world of options and possibilities.
We have the ability to customize frames and muntin bars to meet the most demanding architectural designs. No other company has this flexibility!
As architects continue to search for narrower frames and sightlines, thermally broken profiles will become an increasingly popular option for any design application. Our new system is fully tested with NFRC ratings that exceed current code requirements.
And here’s the best part…
By fabricating our thermally broken profiles in-house, we are able to minimize costs and pass on those savings. No longer do you need to comprise between design, efficiency, and budget. Thermally broken profiles represent the next great advancement in steel D&W systems.
The Portella advantage
- Thermal performance – NFRC rated/ AAMA certificated
- Narrow sight lines
- True thermally broken frames and sash
- All products are factory glazed.
- Deep glazing pockets to accommodate thicker glazing options and improve U Values
- True divided lite and simulated divided lite options available
- Interior glazing or exterior glazing option
- Metal stops or traditional wet glaze
- Tested In-swing and Out-swing operable sash with weeping system
- All doors are equipped with 5 point multi-lock systems
- Patented (pending 2018) tested weeping custom threshold design
- Portella is the only steel door and window manufacturer to use thermally bonded zinc galvanizing on each unit.
- Marine grade 316 stainless steel design when required
- Experienced technical sales and project management personnel dedicated from project start to finish
- Clear documentation allowing for simple comparisons and accurate estimating
- Warranty – 20-year warranty. The longest of any Steel D&W manufacturer in the world.
- Thermally Broken to withstand the harshest climates
Portella is the only manufacturer of thermal steel windows and doors to incorporate a thermally-bonded zinc galvanizing corrosion resistant coating. Our Thermal Series provides the narrowest sightlines of any Thermally Broken product on the market while standing up to the most unforgiving climatic environments. With our first-class 20-year limited warranty, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your new windows and doors will last a lifetime.
Changing the landscape of the steel door & window industry
For over 20 years, Portella has been recognized leaders in the steel door and window industry, pioneering new technologies like our innovative thermally broken frame system. We are confident this new system will open up an endless world of possibilities for designers and architects looking for impossibly narrow sightlines, coupled with excellent energy efficiency ratings and an array of customization options.
And remember, when you team up with Portella, you’ll work hand in hand with an experienced, professional Project Manager who organized every aspect of your project from A-Z. We will explain our process, develop your customized designs and product specifications and customize our manufacturing to accomplish your personalized design goals.
Ready for add our custom, thermally broken windows and doors to your home or business? Contact Portella today.
Make Portella a part of your next renovation or new architectural design. We provide high-quality steel doors, steel windows, and so much more. Find out more about us or get in touch today to see how our products can make a big difference in the look of a building’s architecture.