Custom Steel Doors
Portella is invested in realizing people’s architectural visions. Our custom steel doors come in an incredible range of styles, and most can be completely customized or designed around your specific project. It’s possible to customize metals doors to change their size, shape, and configuration for almost any build or purpose. All products exceed industry standards and feature incredible durability, energy efficiency, and a sleek modern design.
For more than 20 years, Portella has been crafting and manufacturing custom steel doors for architects, businesses, homes, and small installations in San Antonio and other cities across the United States. If you have a vision for your home or business, we want to help you achieve that vision.
Doors are often one of the first impressions your project, home, or offices make, so why not start off strong? Creating custom metal doors for over twenty years, we’ve learned that the best doors bring together function and beautiful craftsmanship. You can look forward to exceptional workmanship and industry-leading specifications for all of our products:
- Crafted in carbon steel (also available in stainless steel and bronze options)
- NFRC-rated meeting new energy code requirements and Title 24
- Double glazed (single and triple available)
- Glass: Cardinal 366 over clear tempered
- True divided lite construction
- In-house fabricated brass thresholds with weep system for swing doors
- Heavy-duty impact rated thresholds with drainage system for multi-slide doors
- Available in standard and custom paint options
- Hinges: Adjustable steel post in barrel with ball bearing
- Continuous steel mounting flanges with orientation options
- Hardware options including pivot hinges, door closers, and panic hardware for commercial applications
- Swing doors, multi-slide, pocket multi-slide, bi-folding and pivot configurations
San Antonio Steel Doors Details
A door should manage to balance both aesthetic design and functional design. After all, you want a steel door that looks great without sacrificing the comfort or functionality or safety of any other door. Fortunately, that’s a point we strive towards with every door that we produce at Portella. Over the past two decades, we’ve designed and developed doors for all sorts of buildings, offices, and homes across San Antonio.
With in-house manufacturing, we’re able to customize the pre-existing products and templates we have, or design more uniquely tailored doors depending on the required specifications. No matter what kind of door you’re looking for, our doors will still come fully equipped with above industry standard ratings and the modern aesthetic that makes our doors so unique.
We currently manufacture four lines of custom metal doors:
Thermally Broken – Thermal steel doors deliver robust durability and exceed all current energy efficiency requirements. We are the only custom steel door manufacturer to include a thermally-bonded zinc galvanizing corrosion resistant coating for doors that can withstand the harshest weather conditions.
Classic – A classical range of metal frame doors that integrate larger expanses of glass to create a timeless, minimalist aesthetic that many modern homeowners and architects desire.
Storefront Exterior – Our storefront exterior doors provide superior strength and durability and meet increasing demand from commercial projects for custom size steel doors on a restricted budget.
Storefront Interior – A high-end range of interior doors that can transform office and commercial spaces. The sleek appearance of our custom steel doors is the perfect complement for modern office environments.