Premier Steel Windows in New York City
When searching for windows, you’ll find that many companies force you to choose between practical functionality and a beautiful design. At Portella Steel Doors and Windows, we believe windows should be both a centerpiece of design and a functional tool for energy efficiency. Since we design, engineer, and manufacture custom steel windows for our clients in New York City at our family-owned facility, we can give you everything you need AND everything you want for your new custom steel windows.
Our metal windows are made from 100% recyclable, durable steel, which is good for the planet and for your project. Portella is also a market-leader in sustainability, which means our custom steel windows exceed all industry standards, in addition to creating a luxurious, high-end finish to your new build or renovation project in New York City.
All windows are not created equal. At Portella, we have our own manufacturing facilities, which means we have the ability to design and manufacture the perfect custom steel windows for your project. We take pride in creating windows using the highest standards and technical specifications, including:
- NFRC-rated meeting new 2020 energy code requirements and Title 24
- Double glazed (single and triple available for some models)
- Glass: Cardinal 366 over clear tempered
- Available in standard and custom paint options
- True divided lite construction
- Carbon steel, stainless steel and bronze options
- Hinges: Adjustable steel post in barrel with ball bearing
- Continuous steel mounting flanges with orientation options
New York City Custom Windows Details
At Portella, we design and manufacture custom steel windows with an attention-to-detail that is unmatched in the industry. We combine style and functionality to design and manufacture windows that will last a lifetime. All Portella steel windows and doors are put through a rigorous testing and development cycle to ensure that every product we produce is of the highest quality. All of our custom windows are designed to elevate your project, while offering energy-efficient and temperature-resistant qualities such as NFRC-rated, thermally broken, laser fusion welded, and cold-rolled options. These features allow windows to maintain and control erratic temperature fluctuation to ensure a comfortable home or business for years to come.
We currently manufacture four lines of custom metal windows for clients in New York City:
- Thermally broken: Thermal steel windows offer incredible durability and surpass all current energy efficiency requirements. We design your windows to last even when they’re up against the harshest climatic conditions.
- Classic: The class style of custom windows is a perfect match for contemporary architecture, bearing sleek lines and minimalist profiles that invite a flood of natural light into your home.
- Storefront exterior: The storefront exterior line of custom windows gives your storefront a unique steel window look with all the strength and durability needed to support commercial projects.
- Storefront interior: For the storefront interior custom windows, you can create office and commercial spaces with a distinct, stylish look. With steel custom windows, the glass and steel are an ideal fit for the modern interior environment.