Custom Steel Doors
At Portella, we believe in helping people realize their architectural visions. That’s why most Portella steel doors and windows can be designed or customized especially for your specific project. We can create custom metal doors in any size, shape and configuration to suit virtually any application. We take pride in our work, so we ensure that all of our products exceed industry standards and are top-of-the-line in durability, beauty and energy-efficiency.
A family-owned business for more than 20 years, Portella is proud to offer beautifully-crafted custom steel doors for businesses, homebuilders, and homeowners in New York City and around the United States. We understand you have a vision for your home or business, and our goal is to help you turn that vision into a reality. Portella custom steel doors are the best choice for custom doors in New York City.
Because we’ve been creating custom metal doors for more than twenty years, we have the experience and the expertise to create beautiful, functional doors that will last for years to come. With exceptional workmanship and attention-to-detail, Portella custom steel doors create an unforgettable first impression on any home or building. Some of the industry-leading technical specifications of our steel doors include:
- Crafted in carbon steel (also available in stainless steel and bronze options)
- NFRC-rated meeting new energy code requirements and Title 24
- Double glazed (single and triple available)
- Glass: Cardinal 366 over clear tempered
- True divided lite construction
- In-house fabricated brass thresholds with weep system for swing doors
- Heavy-duty impact rated thresholds with drainage system for multi-slide doors
- Available in standard and custom paint options
- Hinges: Adjustable steel post in barrel with ball bearing
- Continuous steel mounting flanges with orientation options
- Hardware options including pivot hinges, door closers, and panic hardware for commercial applications
- Swing doors, multi-slide, pocket multi-slide, bi-folding and pivot configurations
New York City Steel Doors Details
At Portella, we seek to blend aesthetics and function in every product we make. Our custom steel doors can be made to fit perfectly with any design style, including classical, traditional, modern, and historical architecture. Over the past two decades, Portella has earned a solid reputation for quality workmanship, attention-to-detail, and superior customer service in the architectural community.
No matter what it is your project calls for, Portella can either customize our pre-existing style of doors or create something entirely new. Our in-house manufacturing capabilities allow us to create exactly what you need to make your project perfect.
We currently manufacture four lines of custom metal doors:
- Thermally Broken – Thermal steel doors deliver robust durability and exceed all current energy efficiency requirements. We are the only custom steel door manufacturer to include a thermally-bonded zinc galvanizing corrosion resistant coating for doors that can withstand the harshest weather conditions.
- Classic – A classical range of metal frame doors that integrate larger expanses of glass to create a timeless, minimalist aesthetic that many modern homeowners and architects desire.
- Storefront Exterior – Our storefront exterior doors provide superior strength and durability and meet increasing demand from commercial projects for custom size steel doors on a restricted budget.
- Storefront Interior – A high-end range of interior doors that can transform office and commercial spaces. The sleek appearance of our custom steel doors is the perfect complement for modern office environments.
How to Order
Our goal at Portella is to offer you the best custom steel doors in New York City, as well as the best customer service in the industry. Your project will be assigned a dedicated project manager from the outset, which gives you a dedicated point of contact for the entire project.
The Benefits of Portella Steel Doors
Portella is proud to be an industry leader in creating custom steel windows and doors for customers in New York City and across the country. Some of the benefits of Portella custom steel doors include:
- Aesthetics – The narrow sightlines and minimalistic nature of our metal frame doors create a lasting first impression.
- Quality – Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and individually assigned design specialists ensure every project is a stunning success.
- Price – We retain every stage of the process in-house to avoid additional markups and keep our steel door prices down.
- Superior climate durability – Reduce your energy bills with custom steel doors that are designed specifically to meet the climatic demands of your state.
- Custom-fit – We create custom size steel doors that are suitable for virtually any residential and commercial application.
- Energy efficiency – Our doors are NFRC-rated and exceed all energy efficiency requirements.
- Long warranties – Every one of our metal frame glass doors carries an exceptional warranty of between 10 and 20 years.
Request a Quote
Call Portella today to request a quote and get started on the design for your custom steel doors in New York City.