Premier Steel Doors in Houston
Portella offers an extensive range of glass doors made for commercial and residential purposes. However, we understand that sometimes you need something a little more specific. Houses and businesses have different personalities, different architectural needs, and particular specifications, and not every product will fit your exact requirements. That’s why Portella strives to offer custom doors, designed and manufactured to your exact specifications.
We believe in customization and helping people realize their architectural visions, which is why most of Portella’s products can be customized to fit your project. You want your home or business to look a certain way, and we want to help you with that. Working in and around the Houston area for over 20 years, Portella is proud to continue offering beautifully crafted custom doors for businesses and homebuilders.
With top of the line design and durability, our contemporary front doors are sure to add a high value to your storefront. The specifications of our steel doors include:
- Standard and custom paint options
- Constructed in carbon steel, stainless steel, and bronze options
- NFRC-rated meeting new energy code requirements and Title 24
- Single, double, and triple glaze
- Heavy-duty impact rated thresholds with drainage system for multi-slide doors
- Continuous steel mounting flanges with orientation options
- Hardware options: pivot hinges, door closers, and panic hardware for commercial applications
- Multi-slide, swing doors, pocket multi-slide, bi-folding and pivot configurations
Houston Custom Doors Details
Portella offers a range of five different metal glass doors including: French doors, sliding doors, double doors, bi-fold doors, and a minimalistic single door. No matter what it is your project calls for, we can either customize our pre-existing style of doors or create something entirely new. Since we have an in-house manufacturing space, we have a lot more control over the products we create.
At Portella, we seek to blend aesthetics and function in every product we make. All of our custom doors and designs go through rigorous testing to ensure that they live up to our standards. Portella is the only door manufacturer of thermally broken doors to include a thermally-bonded zinc galvanizing corrosion resistant coating on many of our custom doors. This helps us produce doors that are weather resistant and energy efficient, all while preserving the classic look and clean sightlines of Portella doors.
We currently manufacture four lines of custom metal doors:
- Thermally Broken – Thermal steel doors deliver robust durability and exceed all current energy efficiency requirements. We are the only custom steel door manufacturer to include a thermally-bonded zinc galvanizing corrosion resistant coating for doors that can withstand the harshest weather conditions.
- Classic – A classical range of metal frame doors that integrate larger expanses of glass to create a timeless, minimalist aesthetic that many modern homeowners and architects desire.
- Storefront Exterior – Our storefront exterior doors provide superior strength and durability and meet increasing demand from commercial projects for custom size steel doors on a restricted budget.
- Storefront Interior – A high-end range of interior doors that can transform office and commercial spaces. The sleek appearance of our custom steel doors is the perfect complement for modern office environments.
How to Order
Excellent customer service is a driving force at Portella. To get started with your new project, we’d need all the details, including specifications, type of windows, location, and so on. We assign a personal project manager who will be available to answer any questions you may have throughout the process. The project manager will also help you work through the variety of options available while customizing your new custom door.
Once we have gathered all the information from you, we will be able to provide you with a quote. Once the quote is approved, we will create drawings and specifications for every element of your project.
Why Choose Portella?
Portella is invested in helping you build your dream. We offer people the best in both custom doors and service, pairing you with a project manager to help you every step of the way. From specs to design, we’ll work with you to develop custom doors you won’t find anywhere else.
- Aesthetics – The narrow sightlines and minimalistic nature of our metal frame doors create a lasting first impression.
- Quality – Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and individually assigned design specialists ensure every project is a stunning success.
- Price – We retain every stage of the process in-house to avoid additional markups and keep our steel door prices down.
- Superior climate durability – Reduce your energy bills with custom steel doors that are designed specifically to meet the climatic demands of your state.
- Custom-fit – We create custom size steel doors that are suitable for virtually any residential and commercial application.
- Energy efficiency – Our doors are NFRC-rated and exceed all energy efficiency requirements.