Portella Steel Doors and Windows has manufactured individually engineered, high-quality steel doors and windows since 1999. We are a family-owned, Texas-based business.
Portella fosters a positive environment and encourages innovation, growth, and teamwork through a foundation of open communication and respect.
Our culture values diversity and allows you the opportunity to make a difference. Together we share a passion for design, precision craftsmanship and relationships as we achieve our vision to be the world’s leading supplier of luxury steel windows and doors.
Architectural Sales Representative (Dallas, TX)
The Architectual Sales Representative, reporting to the VP Sales Manager, is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to propel Portella sales into the marketplace resulting in increased sales and long-term business from architects, interior designers, and general contractors.
The Sales Rep shall define and promote business impact strategies and initiatives, personally developing and maintaining executive level customer relationships and co-authoring solutions with clients utilizing joint planning activities. Responsible for implementing successful account management and meeting sales targets.
- Develop and implement a sales plan for Portella’s Dallas and Fort Worth market:
- Determine and implement our local sales and marketing strategy
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Promote and sell building steel fenestration solutions to existing and new customers.
- Manage a sales pipeline: establish sales milestones and follow-up opportunity status until opportunity is won or lost.
- Develop relationships with architects, designers and other consulting engineers to build Portella’s product offering awareness.
- Utilize available tools (Portella’s demonstration, design development assistance, NFrC energy reports, etc.) to solidify Portella’s position.
- Coordinate bid strategies, proposals, and responses to contract documentation.
- Participation in Industry Organizations: Join and participate in Society of AIA, AISD, AAMA , and other select associations to increase client understanding and businesses.
- Professional Presentation: Maintain a professional presentation both in appearance and in written and verbal communication.
Education – Experience – Certifications – Licenses – Registration Requirements:
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in successful Architectural sales.
- Experience in building or window/door management a plus.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Strong ability to solve the financial and business problems for customers by providing high level solutions in a conceptual manner.
- Computer skills: Experience in the following are required…MS Office. Quickbooks.