Portella recommends using Murphy's oil to maintain your door(s). Dilute Murphy's oil with water (2/3 of water to 1/3 of Murphy Oil). Use a soft cloth and wipe door gently inside and out removing all accumulated dust. DO NOT USE ANY HARSH CHEMICALS OR ABRASIVE CLEANING MATERIALS.
Door Swing Configurations
Portella products exceed industry standards so our doors are not only beautifulthey are built to last.
Portella is the only iron door manufacturer who offers a rabetted one piece jamb with shaped kerf mold and one piece door stile/rails. Our unique patented design eliminates the use of multi-pieced together tube steel covered with bondo used by our competitors.
- Portella Iron Doors provides exceptional service which includes:
- - experienced sales representatives allow you to view our products firsthand and answer any questions you may have
- - highly-trained professional installation team on staff
Our quality is so exceptional we back it with a 10 Year Warranty.
- A complete fully integrated system includes:
- - one piece construction fully welded 14 gauge steel frame
- - pre-hung fully welded 14 gauge, 1 3/4" thick door
- - dual sealed operable glass window frames
- - heavy duty concealed ball bearing mortised hinges
- - closed cell polyurethane foam cores on jambs and stiles
- - factory applied and sealed, integrated sub-sill and threshold
- - durable factory applied faux finishes with 5 year warranty
- - Air and water resistant Q-lon compression weather stripping and durable drip edge, multi-bulb door sweeps
- - handle systems with a premium dead bolt and pull handles which utilize an innovative roller-catch closure system allowing doors to open and close with minimum amount of effort (standard and mortise boring available options)
Architect Series Technical Specifications
Our steel and iron products exceed industry standards...making our doors not only beautiful they are built to last.
Narrow sight lines, exceptional strength, and unique sizing are a few of the trademark features of these hot rolled steel doors and windows. Other features include factory glazed, insulated Low-E glass for safety and UV protection and hardware options including mortise locking hardware and custom pull handles. Our Architect Series is the perfect choice for design and quality that to for generations to come.
Our Architect Series doors and windows include:
- - Narrow sight lines
- - Dual glazed, insulated Low-E glass to meet current energy rating requirements
- - Oversized door design and construction for doors over 10 ft. tall
- - Three factory finish options (custom finishes also available): Dark Bronze, Steel Gray, Charcoal
- - Factory glazed in a controlled environment
- - Deep steel divisions allow for thicker glazing combinations and improved energy values
- - A continuous 1/4" x 3" steel mounting flange and flashing for increased structural integrity and moisture protection
- - Factory applied and sealed integrated threshold
- - Windows with Roto-Crank Adjusters or Hold-Open Stays
- - Windows include hiqh-quality bronze hardware
- - Steel window screens optional